Active cruising: Exploration and discovery experiences…
► Choose where to explore and what to discover with Skyline Sailing’s versatile approach.
There’s nothing like the anticipation of wondering what you are going to see and find before setting sail. Such intrigue has fascinated mariners for centuries and all sailing enthusiasts remain part of that rich heritage of curiosity and discovery.
At Skyline Sailing, we understand the longing for a unique experience. Although your journey will have a planned “starting point” and “end destination”, you’ll be involved in detailed cruise planning, so the voyage can answer your own curiosities.
…‘Exploration and discovery experiences’:
Wondering what lies over the horizon always excites us. A range of different destinations offers amazing visuals for lovers of nature, fauna, flora, people, historical sites, culture, food, etc.
Our wide range of voyages means that we can show you some of the wonderful sites we have discovered, supporting you in your exploration path.
There is the option of applying for ‘a leg’ or ‘a short trip’, as proposed in the schedule, based on your preference. These will be situated in one of the following sailing areas:
• The UK south coast (Cornwall, Devon, Solent) with its lovely rivers and harbours.
• The Channel coasts reaching the heart of bigger cities like Ostend (where a day trip by train to Bruges or Ghent is within reach) and Antwerp in Belgium or even London in the UK.
• The French Coast of Côte Opale, Normandy and North Brittany–Brest.
• Most of the Islands situated in the North Sea (the Isle of Wight, and the Channel Islands – Alderney; Guernsey; Sark; Jersey; Îles Chaussey – the Isles of Scilly, Île d’Ouessant [Ushuant]). All are very nice cruising and exploration grounds!
We are always looking for exploring and discovering new sailing areas and sites! This is what started our love for sailing and gives us the energy going forward, even when the weather conditions are not optimal.
In the early days, we chartered yachts in Europe and explored Scotland, Turkey, the Tuscan Islands, and Corsica. When we acquired our new I dolci HR 342, we started the exploration of the North Sea Channel, setting out from:
• Brest – Île d’Ouessant towards Grevelingenmeer / the Netherlands along the coast of France, Belgium and the Netherlands
• from the Scilly Islands – Newlyn towards London along the UK coast and Grevelingmeer in the Netherlands
• as well as several crossings of the North Sea channel at different locations.
With our I dolci HR 43, we have the ambition to go beyond what we have already explored, at the same time as giving more comfort to our guests!